- 1985 -1990 Medical School: University of Wales College of Medicine
- 1993 Basic Ophthalmic surgical training Aberdeen Royal Infirmary.
- 1995 Admitted as a Fellow of The Royal College of Ophthalmologists
of London (FRCOphth).
- 1995 - 2000 Ophthalmic higher surgical training in Nottingham
University Hospital as the Clinical Lecturer & Specialist Registrar.
- 1999 and 2000 Awarded Oxford Ophthalmological Congress Founder’s Cup
for research into the resistance of the human eye to infection.
- 2000 Awarded research Doctorate of Medicine (MD).
- 2000 Awarded the Royal College of Ophthalmologists ‘Keeler
- 2000 Advanced subspecialty training in Vitreoretinal Surgery at
Manchester Royal Eye Hospital.
- 2001 Appointed as a Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon specialising in
Vitreoretinal surgery at Bristol Eye Hospital.
- 2012 Appointed Lead Consultant of the Vitreoretinal service at
Bristol Eye Hospital.
- 2014 Elected Treasurer of the British and Eire Association of
- 2015 Appointed joint Clinical Director of Bristol Eye Hospital.
- 2018 Elected as Lead for Professional Standards to the Board of the
British and Eire Association of Vitreoretinal Surgeons.
- 2018 Awarded National Clinical Excellence Award.